Each of our churches has a different story: Wabanica Lutheran, First Lutheran, Clementson Lutheran
Wabanica Lutheran Church
Wabanica Lutheran Church was organized in 1904 and was named after Chippewa tribal Chief Wabanaquib, who lived in a log structure for many years, the current building was dedicated (in the same location) in 1958. Several additions and improvements have been made over the years, with the most current one being completed in 2003.
First Lutheran Church
First Lutheran Church was organized in 1906. The Great Fire in October 1910 destroyed the congregation’s first building. A new structure was built in 1911 and was home to the congregation, with several additions and improvements, for over 80, years. First Lutheran moved into and dedicated its new building on May 3, 1992.
Clementson Lutheran Church
Clementson Lutheran Church was organized in 1904 and met for worship in a schoolhouse (which the congregation purchased) on banks of the Rapid River. The current building was dedicated in 1961 and an addition to the church was completed in 1973.